INTRODUCTION: BY INSTALLING, USING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE UNITED COVID SURVIVOR STUDY APPLICATION FROM ANY DEVICE, MOBILE OR OTHERWISE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND/OR ACCESS OUR APPLICATION. BY USING THIS APPLICATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
This Privacy Notice sets forth how your information is collected, used, transferred, and stored through the mobile application titled “United Covid Survivor Study” (“Application”) and the terms and conditions governing your use of the Application. The Application was created by the University of California Los Angeles and University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and is jointly owned by the Regents of the University of California and the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois (“Universities”, “we”, “our”, “us”).
1. What information may the Application collect? You are not required to provide the personal information requested by the Application; however, you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application if you choose not to provide your personal information. By providing us with your personal information, you are consenting to our use of it in accordance with this Privacy Notice, the University of Illinois System Privacy Statement, and the Supplemental Privacy Notice.
a) Personal Information. Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person. The Application may collect, store and use your personal information, including but not limited to: Your device ID.
b) Non-Personal Information. The Application collects certain non-personal information (i.e., information that may not reasonably permit direct association with you) when you use the Application and provide answers to survey questions, as prompted by the Application, including but not limited to: your Covid-19 symptoms, effect of antipyretic medications, and other.
By using the Application, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of non-personal information by the Application, including but not limited to, Application usage data, including frequency of access, duration, and time of access. If you do not want the Application to collect this non-personal information, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Application.
2. Where Will the Information Be Stored? All personal information and non-personal information will be stored on secure cloud-based Google servers (“Servers”). Your non-personal information will also be stored in the Application. The non-personal information will also be stored off line. Your device ID will only reside on Servers.
3. How Is Your Information Used? The non-personal information the Application collects may be used to study the effects of prolonged or intermittent hyperthermia bad the interactions of antipyretic medications on immune response of COVID-19 patients.
The non-personal information the Application collects may also be used to compute statistics related to use of the Application and to help us improve the Application in order to provide you with an even better user experience.
4. How Is Your Information Protected? We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information processed by the Application. No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Is Your Information Shared? The non-personal information you provide may be shared with other parties (e.g., other researchers that are interested in studying various aspects of COVID-19 illness and recovery, including effect of medications, and other.
The Universities does not sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
6. Opt-In and Opt-Out Information You may opt out of personal information collection at any time by deleting the Application, or not responding to Application notifications to take the survey at some regular time interval. You may also request from within the Application that your personal information be deleted from the Servers. Your personal information may be retained on the Servers until you request its deletion.
7. Changes to this Privacy Notice We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we amend this Privacy Notice we will post the changes on https://www.uillinois.edu/about/policies/mobile. Your continued use of the Application after any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the updated Privacy Notice. If you do not wish to accept the revised Privacy Notice, you must not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Application. Please regularly check the Application or website to determine if the Privacy Notice has been updated and to review those changes before deciding whether or not to access (or continue to access) the Application.
Need Help? Contact the Technology Services Help Desk Email: [email protected]. Call us: 217-244-7000.
TERMS OF SERVICE
These terms will apply to you because you (“End User”) are using, installing, or otherwise accessing the mobile application (“Application”), including all incorporated materials in the Application (such as text, data, information, audio, videos, graphics or photographs) (“Content”) created and owned by The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois and The Regents of the University of California (jointly “Universities” or individually “University”). By clicking “Accept”:
2. Permitted uses of Application: As End User you agree to use the Application only as provided, and Content only as an integral component of the Application. You agree that you are only permitted to use the Application for educational and research purposes and shall not use the Application for commercial purpose, unless you obtain written consent from the University at [email protected].
3. As End User you agree not to reverse-compile, reverse-assemble, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract, or otherwise reverse-engineer or modify the Application.
4. You hereby accept that all patents, copyrights, trade secrets and other proprietary rights in or related to the Application are and will remain the exclusive property of the Universities, whether or not specifically recognized or perfected under applicable law. As End User you will not take any action that jeopardizes Universities’ proprietary rights. As End User you acknowledge and agree that you acquire no right in the Application, except the limited use license specified in Section 2. Universities will own all rights in any copy of the Application or any derivative work thereof, including any further improvement or development of the Application by Universities.
5. Not intended as medical advice, for treatment or diagnostic use. You acknowledge that the Application and incorporated Content are for information only, and are not intended to be used or relied on as medical advice, for diagnosis or treatment of any kind. Illinois disclaims responsibility or liability for any loss or injury that may be incurred as a result of the use of the Application. You should always consult a medical or other professional if diagnosis, treatment and/or advice is needed. Do not disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it due to your use of the Application.
6. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT UNIVERSITY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE APPLICATION, OR ANY OTHER CONTENT, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR TECHNOLOGY, AND UNIVERSITY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE APPLICATION. UNIVERSITY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE APPLICATION IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER CODE OR FEATURES THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING, DESTRUCTIVE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE PROPERTIES.
7. You accept that under no circumstances will Universities or its affiliates, including its trustees, directors, officers, faculty, staff, students, employees, consultants and agents, or anyone on its behalf be responsible or liable to you or to any third party for any reason whatsoever, including consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages or lost profits, damage to reputation, fee, expense, financial or non-financial, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on your claims as End User or claims of any other party arising out of breach or failure of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, strict liability in tort, failure of any remedy to achieve its essential purpose, or otherwise, notwithstanding the form in which any legal or equitable action may be brought, as a result of the use of the Application, product or service.
8. You acknowledge that this Application is only intended for use in the United States of America.
9. You hereby irrevocably release Universities and its affiliates from any liability of any kind and in no event will Universities be liable for damages or losses that exceed, in the aggregate, the amount of fees paid by you as End User for the products that gave rise to such damages or losses for each respective breach or series of related breaches.
10. You expressly agree that these Agreements, including without limitation, disclaimers above and resolution of disputes thereof are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and submit to exclusive jurisdiction in the Illinois Court of Claims. The laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., shall apply to all uses of the Application. You agree that use shall conform to all applicable laws and regulations and shall not violate the rights of any third parties.